Exempt market investments are not guaranteed and are not covered by the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation or by any other government deposit insurer.
Investment products sold in the exempt market are considered high risk because:
- They are not covered by deposit or investor protection insurance;
- Regulators do not review any of the offering documents for completeness and, in jurisdictions where an Offering Memorandum is filed, Regulators may not review them for completeness or accuracy;
- Issuers of exempt products are not subject to the same ongoing disclosure obligations as public issuers;
- Many exempt products are not as liquid as publicly-traded securities;
- Exempt products are often subject to a greater degree of “key person” risk than more widely held securities;
- They are purchased pursuant to an exemption from the usual protections accorded to investors in publicly-traded securities and under a prospectus offering; and
- There may be risks other than these related to the specific investments purchased. It is the Dealing Representative’s obligation to discuss or otherwise provide the Client with access to information relating to some of those risks.
There can be no assurances that the investment will be able to maintain its net acquisition value or to produce projected income. Investment values change frequently and past performance may not be repeated.
Using borrowed money to finance the purchase of securities involves greater risk than a purchase using cash resources only. If you borrow money to purchase securities, your responsibility to repay the loan and pay interest as required by its terms remains the same if the value of the securities purchased declines.
All non-investment related business conducted by Representatives of Raintree Financial Solutions is not in the capacity of an employee or agent of Raintree Financial Solutions. Non-investment related business includes, without limitation, advising in or selling any type of insurance product, advising in or selling any type of mortgage service, and estate and tax planning or tax return preparation. Accordingly, Raintree Financial Solutions is not liable and/or responsible for any non-investment related business conducted by Representatives of Raintree Financial Solutions. Such business is the responsibility of the individual alone.
References on this website to third party goods or services should not be regarded as an endorsement of these goods or services. By accessing any of the links provided you will be leaving this site. Raintree Financial Solutions is not responsible for the information contained on these websites.
This website is intended for Canadian residents only and the information contained herein is subject to change without notice. This website does not constitute an offer or solicitation in any jurisdiction in which such offer or solicitation is not authorized or to any person to whom it is unlawful to make such offer or solicitation.
This website is for general information only and is not intended to provide specific personalized advice including, without limitation, investment, financial, legal, accounting or tax advice. Please consult an appropriate professional regarding your particular circumstances.